Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Bleak House

I'm about finished with Bleak House. Why? The Brahmins in American Tongues told me to read it.

BRAHMINS:

What else have they got to live for? Sex, probably. Well, undoubtedly sex, they keep that very quiet. But, I know you don’t like Dickens.


BRAHMIN #2:

No, I don’t like Dickens. Yes, he’s post-Austen. Jane Austen, of course, is the greatest novelist in the English language..


BRAHMIN #1:

Well, she’s a great novelist, but not the greatest.


BRAHMIN #2:

I’m a Dickens man.


BRAHMIN #1:

Well, Dickens is messy, George.


BRAHMIN #2:

Of course he’s messy, but he’s lively.


BRAHMIN #1:

He only wrote one great book which is Pickwick Papers.


BRAHMIN #1:

I would put that way down compared to Bleak House.
.

No comments:

Site meter

Search This Blog