Sunday, May 20, 2007

God, I hate agnostics

They're so self-righteous. So certain of their uncertainty. You know, with their whole, "there are fanatics on both sides" crap. First, I can't believe they actually equate atheists with theists. Sure, nothing is certain, but atheism is most likely closer to the truth than theism. Especially fundamentalism, which takes as literal truth books that are thousands of years old.

Jesus, even if there are fanatic atheists, I'd take them over fanatic theists any day. And what is even wrong with having an opinion? Are we supposed to withhold judgment on everything that hasn't been proved definitively? Yeah, right. That'll happen.

Hell, as much as I hate Rush, at least back in the day every pretentious high-school wannabe intellectual knew that "if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

3 comments:

Philadaddy said...

Have you heard of Michel Onfray? He wrote a book called Atheist Manifesto and sometimes he's called a fanatic. You'd probably like him, except he's french.

Lefty Lucy & Ry T. Tidy (Powered by Radio Zero) said...

Dude! Rush RAWKS! And Neal Peart is the godhead.

OK, just kidding. But I had to at least acknowledge the fact that you actually quoted a Rush song...

I personally have yet to meet an agnostic that is "certain" of their uncertainty. The ones I meet are just happy to wallow in their indecision... A 'choice' that no doubt infects other areas of their lives...

Will Staples said...

That about sums up my frustration with outspoken agnostics and why I don't identify as an agnostic despite no longer being a strong atheist. I'm more of an apatheist.

Site meter

Search This Blog