Monday, April 16, 2007

I get it

Every so often I write an email at work.
Don't get me wrong, like every other contemporary office worker, I send hundreds of emails a day. But once in a while, I really take the time to write an email. It feels so modernist. So art for art's sake.
A couple of weeks ago, I wrote an email that used 1)a double modal, 2)sincere use of the pharase "my bad" 3) a split infinitive with a callout to an editor who was one of the recipients that I had indeed split an infinitive, and 4) a reference to the John Denver song, Leaving on a Jet Plane. The other day I went minimalist and wrote the following email:

Yes no is.

Maybe it's an empty gesture, but I feel like I'm sticking it to the man.

1 comment:

g said...

nerd.

(infer admiration)

Site meter

Search This Blog