Sunday, December 10, 2006

Another round of Lingie nominations

We are constantly awash in faddish cliches and the latest buzz phrases. And, even though I'm no prescriptivist, the end of the year can be a good time to take out the trash. In that spirit, I introduce a new Lingie category, The Most Overused Sentence of 2006.
Here are my nominations:

  1. This is your first warning.
  2. Stop hitting your sister.
  3. Do you have to go potty?
  4. You can't have lemonade right before bedtime.
Pretty much every one on this list is a potential winner. I, for one, will be glad to say godd riddance to all of these overused sentences. So I know it's a hard decision, but vote now for your favorite Most Overused Sentence of 2006!

1 comment:

parsnipgirl said...

Those are good. But can I nominate, "Don't make me say it again." ?

Site meter

Search This Blog